Birthday card for my Dad



My Dad will be 91 on Saturday! His sight isn't too good, so I've gone for texture. The PB candles are gold-embossed and coloured in with Promarkers - Blue Pearl, Orchid and I can't remember the third! There's a mat of purple mulberry paper, and gold card edged with one of my fave MS punches.

Fab'n'Funky Challenges has a 'Clean and Simple' Challenge, so I'm entering this card.

The photo is a bit too pale, the background card is Deep Purple though it looks more blue here.

Sorry I haven't been around recently, the Old Man and I went to visit our son, who lives with his girlfriend in a lovely village halfway between Shrewsbury and Oswestry.

We were lucky with the weather, for once! Shropshire is so, so beautiful, especially with the leaves turning and the Welsh Mountains on the horizon.

Coming home we got stuck in 4 traffic jams! It hosed down with rain, too. I was bawling my eyes out (my baby boy! All grown up!) as you do. I did it when he went to nursery, primary school, secondary school... So it was almost as damp in the car as it was outside!!

Ok, time to yell at my daughter to bring her dirty mugs down from her room so I can wash up.

Have a good evening, and thanks for looking.

Comments

Jules said…
Hi Mags

A great card for your Dad .. .. 91 wow!!! What a fantastic age. I hope he has a really happy birthday.

Oh I feel for you. The pain of grown up children and messy kids with mouldy cups in their bedrooms. LOL!!

Love Jules xx
coops said…
a perfect card for your dad mags.the texture and colours are fab.i like the colours :D

xx coops xx
melsanford said…
Fab card - love the textures and the stamp is perfect! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx
Anonymous said…
Lots of lovely fab cards on your blog hunny! thanks also for stopping by mine today, Samantha :0)
Jennifer said…
Brilliant!! Thanks for joining us at FnF this week xx Jenny xx
Emma H said…
Very pretty, thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky!

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.