LotV wedding card meets SSW



Hi, guys! Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately, I am having a Grand Tidy Up of the WHOLE HOUSE and it's taking forever! Honestly, the amount of JUNK one collects over 25 years is astonishing! Thank goodness I can listen to my iPod and dance around!

However, I've made time to make this card for my daughter's friend who's getting married next month. Her colour scheme is green, so I used papers from the DCWV 'Mariposa' stack, which are lovely!

The image is LotV, of course, coloured with Promarkers, and I stickled parts of her dress, and also around the edge of the image. I used a Martha Stewart Hearts punch as a background for the green ribbon (from Hobbycrafts). The flowers are Wild Orchid, mostly, and the leaves were cut with a Magnolia die.



Here's the inside, the wheel-shapes were cut with a MS Deep edger punch - an idea I got from a card by Bev Rochester on the Lili of the Valley 'Inspiration' section. I could spend hours browsing all the wonderful cards shown there by their exceptional DT!!

The sketch is another cracker from Sweet Sketch Wednesday whose challenge I'm entering.

Well, that's about it, I'm going to have to get back to the grindstone - next stop the kitchen cupboards! Wish me luck, chaps, I'm going in!

Thanks for looking!

luv, Mags x

Promarkers: Blush, Sunkissed Pink, Baby Pink; Cool Grey 3, 4, 5;Chestnut, Henna; Caramel, Cocoa, Burnt Sienna; Grass, Forest Green; Pink Carnation, Fuschia Pink; Pastel Beige

Comments

Faye said…
Mags, this is lovely, I really like the pop of green. xxx
Your card is absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous colours and lovely floral arrangement on the corner of the image. Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Michelle SSW DT x
Genevieve said…
Wow, Beautiful wedding card, the flowers are gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT
Lorraine said…
this is so beautiful i love this stamp and you have made such a gorgeous card with it xx
Oh my goodness, this is precious! I love the sweet image. Such a beautiful card for a Wedding. Just gorgeous!!!
Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT
melody said…
wow...what a beautiful card ~ and take on the sketch. that flower cluster is just scrumptious...as is your colored image...beautifully done!
Jeannie said…
Gorgeous wedding card sure to be a keepsake! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie
coops said…
stunning card mags,your colours are gorgeous and i love the beautiful flowers and image ;D

xx coops xx
debby4000 said…
Oh this is adorable and so beautiful Mags.
luv
Debby
Christine L said…
Simply beautiful Mags!
Hugs
Christine x
Anonymous said…
This is simply beautiful card, and the details are amazing!
melsanford said…
Gorgeous card! Love the image and the beautiful flowers :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.