A card for a friend who keeps chickens!



I made this card last week for a very special friend but our paths haven't crossed until tonight. She keeps chickens so I thought this was just the right image! It's a Saturated Canary image by Krista Smith called Murray who, as you can see, also keeps chickens!

I coloured her with Promarkers, but unfortunately I can't find the list. I'm usually dissatisfied by my hair colouring, but this time I think I've almost cracked it. We Shall See!

The papers are Nitwits Bees Knees Collection. The colours are so pretty, for once I chose the papers first and then matched the Promarkers. I know that's what you're supposed to do, but I'm rarely that organised!!

The corners are cut and embossed with Spellbinders Floral doily set, the card is cheap'n'cheerful gold card for children's crafts which came from our lovely Art and Craft shop which closed 2 years ago - I miss it so much :( But I think my bank manager is quite happy that it closed lol!

The gingham ribbon is from stash and the sentiment is a new Girlie Banner by LotV with the flourish trimmed off.

I'm entering the Sketch Saturday challenge because this great sketch is from Sketch Saturday though I've replaced the three spots below the image with the banner, so I hope that counts!

Right, it's past time I went to bed. Not long till the weekend, guys!

Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Comments

Sue said…
such a lovely card, gorgeous image and beautiful colours. I bet you friend was thrilled to receive such a special card

Sue
Jules said…
Hi Mags

Catching up at last.

You have been posting some lovely creations and this one for your chicken keeper friend is gorgeous.

The perfect image!! Beautiful layout and papers too!!

I am sure she is going to love it.

Love Jules xx
Great card hun, love the colours & the image is coloured beautifully!
Hugs Shell xx
Lynne in NI said…
THANK YOU Mags - my huge parcel arrived this morning! Sooo many lovely goodies, even Greg couldn't believe it!
Gorgeous card - your chickie friend will love it, and you did a great job with her hair!
Right, I'm away to have a play with my new stash...
Hugs, Lynne :)
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.your colours are fab and i love the stunning image ;D

xx coops xx
mags said…
A gorgeous card Mags. The image is lovely and coloured beautifully. Love the colour combo and the design and layout.
Mags
x
Anonymous said…
this is delightful Mags, love this adorable girl and her chick, love the green and yellows!


Have a great weekend!
Alex H. said…
lovely image and soft colours.. perfect :-). You did a great job! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
;-) Alex H.
very sweet image,gorgeous details and design,bet your friend is pleased. janex
Unknown said…
Awww this is just gorgeous Mags! So pretty and such lovely colours! :)
Thanks for joining us at SS this week!
Lizy DT x
Carole of Brum said…
yeah i think you def cracked it with the hair, mags, she is just gorgeous! Love the cute gingham ribbon too, and great choice of image for a friend with chickens. CoB
A gorgeous card, gorgeous colours and papers. Marlene

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.