Dream Valley Challenge 35 - Things with Wings

Hello, my dearios! I hope you're all enjoying a good weekend, in spite of this crazy weather. Flaming June!

It's time for another challenge at Dream Valley and we'd love to see your creations using Things with Wings Our sponsor this fortnight is Digi Doodle Shop



There's a voucher for $10 to spend at their online shop for one lucky winner!



I used one of their images, Butterfly Blossoms for my card and cut it out with a Nesties die. The card base and background papers were also cut with Grand Nesties on Excalibur, my wonderful Grand Caliber die-cutting machine. I coloured with Promarkers - the new pen tips are just brilliant for colouring a delicate image like this! I covered the butterflies' wings with glitter.

The papers are a mix of Funky Hand and Nitwits. I used a Martha Stewart Deep Edger Punch for the bit across the middle. The flowers are made with Retro punches and covered in Glossy Accents, and the orange centres are shiny stickers from Paperchase.

The sketch is from Friday Sketch Challenge - but like a numpty I miscalculated that challenge's dates, so I missed the boat! What a plonker!

Go over and have a look at the DT's offerings, they are lovely!

Have a good week, chaps, and thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Promarkers: Bright Green, Forest Green; Gold, Sunflower, Buttercup; Orchid, Warm Grey 4; Bright Orange

Comments

Sue said…
such a beautiful card Mags, I love the pretty colours and fab layout

Sue
Great card hun, love the colours & shape fab!
Hugs Shell xx
Faye said…
Mags, thanks so much for the really lovely comment you left at mine yesterday. :) I think this is a lovel card. It's really nice to see a circle card and the colour palette is gorgeous. xx
Lynne in NI said…
Ohhh this is so pretty Mags! Love your colour theme and great shape too!
Jules said…
Hi Mags

Just having a bit of a catch up before the day takes hold!

Loving your circular card.

Great finished look and I love those flowers very much.

Love Jules xx
Annmaree of Oz said…
Such a pretty card Mags, I love the colour combos great going!
coops said…
so stunning mags.gorgeous flowers and colours and i love the shape :D

xx coops xx
coldwaters2 said…
Oh Mags this is absolutely gorgeous what wonderful colours and design that image and flowers look beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x
gorgeous card,fab design, sorry your having pc probs ,so annoying. janex
Unknown said…
Hi Mags, love you card! Great shape, colours and image.

Sarah

PS - The end of June seems a good time for birthdays doesn't it! Unfortunately 5 years ago when I was holding my newborn girl it was pelting it down - repeated on her birthday this year!!!
Really pretty card, I love the soft colours and the beautiful floral image
Lindsay xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.