In the jungle, the mighty jungle!


Evening, all! Who's enjoying Wimbledon? Normally it just seems like a procession, but this time the upsets have made it really interesting! Come on, Murray!

I made this card for a young lad who is besotted by science - specially biology! So this chameleon, from the Woodware stamp set 'In the Jungle', seemed right. It's not an animal that appeals to me much in real life, but this one is just so cute!

I used a nestie to cut him out then drew round the edge of the die on pearlised charcoal card by Papermania and cut out the narrow mat. He's coloured with Speccies, and there are stickles on the fly's wings and Glossy Accents on the ridges of his crest. I distressed the edge lightly with Scattered Straw DI.

Papers are Paislee Road by Prima. The tags are Lili of the Valley. The leaves and flowers and butterflies are all made with Woodware punches: I used scraps of multicoloured, shiny green and copper paper.

I hope the young man will like it - the card's meant to evoke a scene in the jungle around a pond (gosh that sounds so arty-farty!!.

Anyway, thanks for looking, and I'll see you tomorrow with some exciting news!

COME ON, ANDY!

love Mags B x

Speccies: CG 1 - 4; JG 1 - 3; EB 6 - 8; BP3

Comments

Sue said…
Fabby card Mags, love the image and great colours. Only one problem, I've got that song from your title in my head now!!
enjoy the tennis

Sue
Jules said…
Hi Mags

A brilliant card!

I have had my eye on this stamp set for ages.

I am sure the young lad will love it.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Jules xx
Di said…
Great card Mags, love the cheeky chappie - very cute as you say. Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Di xx
coops said…
hehe this is fab mags.i love the fun image and your colours are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.