The Rain it Raineth Every Day

Evening, all! I have spent a wonderful afternoon crafting and listening to the cricket - England vs Australia in a One Day International. We won! Sorry, my dear Aussie friends, but the novelty hasn't worn off yet!

This is what I made:


The cute Tatty Button image is called 'Rainy Days' and she came from Angel Crafts. I'm going to send her to my son's MiL (shouldn't there be just one word to describe relations-in-law?) She lives in Shropshire, where there's been a lot of flooding - luckily she lives on a hill, but the main road to Shrewsbury was flooded yesterday and she is so sick of the wet! I hope this will cheer her up.

I used Promarkers to colour her in watery tones. I stickled the raindrops and puddles, and put Glossy Accents on her button. I used a Nestie to cut her out, then drew round the outer edge of the die onto the mat and cut out by hand to give a narrow border. I distressed round the image with Broken China Distress Ink.

The papers are Papermania Capsule Collection, 3 pages of the Aqua set and one of the Sunshine set. The ribbon is Docrafts, from Hobbycraft and I made a double bow with my Bow-Easy.

The lovely sketch is by Sunday Sketch and Stamp

I used a Magnolia Doo-Hickey die for the flowers, and another for the swirl, which has been stickled with Waterfall. The tiny brads in the middle of the blossoms are Woodware, and I blobbed some Glossy Accents on them. The sentiment is one of the new ones from Lili of the Valley.

So there you have it. Now I'm going to watch Simon Schama on Shakespeare - he's got a gift for explaining complicated ideas in straightforward language.

I'm really looking forward to the BBC's new series of Shakespeare's History Plays which start tomorrow night! An ex of my daughter who's a mediaeval re-enactor was involved in some of the battles!

Enough of this waffle! Have a great weekend, hopefully without rain and flood. Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Promarkers: Petrol Blue, Marine, Turquoise, Duck Egg, Cool Aqua; Gold, Mustar, Tulip Yellow, Buttercup; Chestnut, Cinnamon; Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush, Baby Pink; Cool Grey 1

Comments

Sue said…
Gorgeous card Mags, I love the image and the colours are gorgeous.
I hope you have a good weekend
Sue
Macpurp said…
this was fab! I ove the colours you have used, from backing papers to the way you coloured your image.

hope the rain is not giving you too much bother.

love teen x
Di said…
Brilliant card Mags, I do love Tatty Button images :)

Have a lovely weekend! Di xx
paper fun said…
Lovely card. I am sure that it will cheer up your son's MIL. I think that your sweet card could cheer up everyone.

Thank you for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.

Mari
My hubby would call listening to the cricket a day well spent too,he loves it and his parents, I like to here the very posh commentator talking about totally irrelevant things like cakes...very British..
Love your card,great image and colours.
Enjoy your plays , I studied the Sottish play at school in Drama ,you now the one.. janex
Anonymous said…
Beautiful card Mags and very apt for the moment.

Have a good weekend xx
Cumbrianlass said…
Hi Mags, thanks for letting me know about linking my card to the wronge challengen, have sorted it now.

Love your card, the image is so cute and the colours are fab.
Janet
Cumbrianlass said…
Me again, forgot to say I am now following you, you have some fab creations on your blog.
Janet
Christine L said…
Fabulous card Mags.... and just perfect for the current British weather! I've just been rained out of the garden!

Hugs
Christine x
Fabulous card Mags, I like it a lot!

Warm hugs
Maarit
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.really stunning colours and image and your design is fab :D

xx coops xx
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Mags this is a little beauty I totally love that image also the wonderful colours and design it look totally ACE.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.