Rainbow Wedding.



Hi, guys! Happy Jubilee holiday to those who have celebrated!

I was asked to make a card for a lady whose bridesmaids are going to be wearing the colours of the rainbow! That's one colour each, by the way, not all seven at once!

This is a big card (8" x 8") because the LotV die-cut is large. I used a Martha Stewart punch around the die-cut to give the lacy border. The striped paper is Funky Hand (it was a freebie last year) - aren't those colours lovely?!

Flowers are Wild Orchid, and the leaves are a Whiff of Joy die. The ribbon is recycled one of my colleagues at the Toddler Club was going to chuck it because it's not very long - so I snapped it up instead! It makes me feel so virtuous when I recycle!

The sentiment is also LotV, the butterflies and flowers coloured with Sakura Stardust pens, and matted onto a piece cut with a Spellbinders Floral Doily die. All the paper lace has been distressed with Spun Sugar DI. The pink roses and hearts on the image are stickled.

I'm entering the Lili's Little Fairies Challenge, which this week is 'Anything Goes.'

So there you have it! Thanks for looking, and the best of British luck to everyone who has to return to work tomorrow!

love Mags B x

Comments

Doreen said…
This is just gorgeous, love the image and fab design.xxx
Anonymous said…
Great card Mags, just perfect for the wedding request.

Have a good evening xx
Anonymous said…
beautiful wedding card, love the idea of rainbow bridesmaids! love the great wedding image with the rainbow paper, fabby flowers!
I've just used this image in stamp form, your card looks gorgeous in stripy bold colours ,the flowers add such prettiness. janex
coops said…
stunning card mags.gorgeous image and i love the rainbow colours :D

xx coops xx
Sue said…
gorgeous card, the image is so beautiful and I love the colourful flowers

Sue
coldwaters2 said…
Gorgeous card Mags, love the image also the papers and design, I have just finished 2 Wedding cards that were requested, have a great weekend.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Kim x said…
Beautiful card Mags. I love this LOTV image for weddings, definitely an all time fav.
I love that you are inspired by something in my book for your challenge, after all that is why we write books or articles or blog isn't it :)
Thanks for following me and for all the lovely comments. I look forward to seeing your project.
hugs Kimx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.