Red, White and Blue for a Confirmation!



Good afternoon, everyone! I hope you've all recovered from any Jubilee celebrations in the rain. Wasn't it a shame the weather was so awful! I hope the Queen has had a lie-in today to recover!

Next week the 5 lads and lasses from my Sunday School class are being confirmed, so I have made each of them one of these cards. I didn't want them to be 'religious' because the family of one of the candidates just isn't interested at all and I don't want to put the kid in an awkward situation. So instead I used this gorgeous Poppy stamp, which I bought at Ally Pally this year.

I used red Promarkers for the image, and the sentiment, which came with a Forever Friends stamp yonks ago, is stamped in Faded Jeans Distress Ink. The white bows are from stash.

It took me quite a while to make 5 of these - actually I made 9 altogether, but the stamping went wrong on 4 of them so they were Binned With Extreme Prejudice!

I'm entering the Less is More Challenge which is 'Red, White and Blue' - I do find CAS cards tough, and I really admire those people who make beautiful, simple cards!

I'm also entering the current Passion for Promarkers challenge which is also 'Red, White and Blue.'

Oh look, it's raining. Where has the summer gone?

Thanks for looking, and take care!

love Mags B x

Promarkers: Crimson, Cardinal Red, Poppy, Lipstick Red

Comments

mags said…
This is just gorgeous Mags. The image is super and the cards are just perfect for the occasion. Know what you mean about CAS cards. I just can't do it but you have really achieved it here.
Mags
x
Annmaree of Oz said…
lovely CAS card, love the red poppies!
Christine L said…
Well I love poppies, so this card is absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm sure they'll treasure them!

Hugs
Christine x
downrightcrafty said…
This is so classy and love those flowers
Hugs Kate xx
coops said…
so stunning mags.beautiful image and design :D

xx coops xx
Sue said…
this is gorgeous, I love the poppies and your colouring is beautiful
All the best
Sue
Beautiful , I have this elegant stamp,looks great left simple. janex
Gorgeous creation hun!
Hugs Shell xx
coldwaters2 said…
Wow Mags this is excellent and very pretty, I totally love those Poppies a truly wonderful creation.
hugs
Lorraine x
Andie's Space said…
Hi Mags,
This looks gorgeous. What a lovely image & I love the simplicity of the design. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.