Icing the Cake

Good evening, all! I have the Internet back, huzza! I've missed you!!

Here's a Christmas card for a lovely friend of my daughter. She's a baker, so I used Icing the Cake by LotV, isn't she cute?


I coloured her with Promarkers and stickled the flower in her chef's hat. I used a Nestie that was only just big enough, so I cut round the dog's tail so that I could ease the die underneath while I cut it out. (Does that make sense?)

The sketch is from last week's Sketch Saturday, but I couldn't upload it in time. :( The papers are by Raspberry Road, they came free with a magazine - they are gorgeous! The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I used a Woodware punch for the leaves.

The flourish is a Magnolia die, with Hobbycraft pearls on the ends. The gingham ribbon also came from Hobbycraft. The sentiment is also LotV - since there wasn't really enough room to mat it, I went round the edge with a Burgundy Promarker. I love that you can do that with these circular stamps because there's a narrow border around the edge.

So there we go! My daughter says her friend will like it, she's not a girly girl ('NO PINK!' my daughter said).

I'm entering the Lili's Little Fairies Challenge whose theme is 'Food, Glorious Food!' Icing sugar is food, isn't it? Certainly my kids used to eat a lot of it at Christmas!!

Thanks for looking, my dearios, and have a fantastic weekend!

love Mags B x

Promarkers: Pastel Blue (and Blender), Burgundy, Berry Red; Pine, Forest Green; Walnut, Cocoa, Henna; Gold; Cool Grey 1, 4

Comments

Sue said…
This is gorgeous Mags. I love that cute image, I'm glad you didn't cut the little dog's tail off!!
The colours are fabulous too.

Sue
Lorraine A said…
Gorgeous card Mags :-) I love the image, so very cute and the papers and embellies are fab :-) I am sure she will LOVE this !

thanks for joining us on Lili's Little Fairies Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.really sweet image and i love your colours :D

xx coops xx
Annie said…
such a pretty card and a gorgeous image.
hugs, annie x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.