Little Girls Tea Time

Good evening, all! I hope you're all keeping well! Brrr, it has been so cold and damp and windy today, more like October than May! Do I not like this weather!! I hope the rain stays away tomorrow, when the First Test against New Zealand begins! Yes, it's cricket, huzza!!!

But you're not here for me wittering about The Summer Game! Here's a card I made for a friend, using a Lili of the Valley ready-coloured image called Little Girls Tea Time isn't it cute? My friend and I often meet for a cuppa, and I'm rather sad as she will be moving away soon, so I hope this card reminds her of happy times. Mind, we are both considerably older than these little girlies, take a look:



I made a joy fold card, and the blue bow is positioned so that it just about holds the flap closed. The papers are snippets of Nitwits - but I can't remember which set!!

Here's a side view to give a better idea of the fold:



I used part of a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page set to decorate the corners of the die-cut, and the flowers and leaves are made with Woodware punches. I edged the flowers with Broken China Distress ink. The ribbon and gems are from stash.

Et voila!

I'm entering the wonderful Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground Challenge since the papers, the ribbon, and the floral decorations were all Snippets!

I'm sorry I haven't been visiting your blogs as much as I want to, unfortunately my daughter has had several hospital appointments for tests on a lump by her collarbone, and we've been traipsing here and there via the local bus service. Though I wouldn't really call it a 'service' since so many are cancelled and we've spent literally HOURS in the unlovely surroundings of Harlow Bus Station waiting.... and waiting.... GRRR!!! Why is waiting so knackering?!

We don't think my daughter has anything serious, but the tests are just to confirm that. But I'm a Mum, and a Mum's default setting is Worry lol!!

Anyway, I hope your week is going well. Thanks for looking and for bearing with me while I complain ;)

love Mags B x


Comments

Sharon said…
This is gorgeous Mags. I love the design and the image is adorable. Scrummy papers also. I love Nitwits.
Hugs Sharon. x
mixamatoasties said…
Fab card Mags. I made a joy fold card recently - had seen it on Pinterest, didn't know what it was called at the time and there were no instructions so I don't think I actually did it totally right! Must try it again.

Susan xx
Sue said…
This is so beautiful Mags. I love that sweet image, your card design is fabulous and the flowers and ribbon look so pretty.
I hope your daughter't test results confirm that it's nothing serious.
My hubby and son are both big cricket fans so we will be hoping the weather stays fine tomorrow too.
hugs Sue xx
Darnell said…
Your fold card for your friend is really pretty and will touch her heart, I'm sure, Mags.

I'll add your daughter to my prayer list and pray that the results come in soon so no more waiting for bus "service" and no more worrying for you, Mum!
mags said…
A beautiful card Mags. Super image and love the colours and the wonderful design. Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope all is well. I know what you mean about worrying, it's a Mum's job to worry lol.
Mags
x
Sheila said…
Hey Mags! Gorgeous card using such a cute image. Love the style of card too. Hope your daughter keeps well - know why you hate wait esp at Harlow Bus Station! We are waiting for new car and have been without one for almost 3 months. I tend to walk everywhere now - obviously not from Enfield to Harlow tho. Also hoping your precious granddaughter is thriving as much as our 2 are. She looks adorable. X
downrightcrafty said…
great styling on this card and love the image
Hugs Kate xx
Di said…
Brilliant snippets make Mags! Love the joy fold, my new favourite design :) And everything goes together so beautifully with that adorable LOTV image - perfect for the Playground.

Hope everything turns out to be fine for your daughter and that soon your default setting will be back to happy skips!

Hugs, Di xx
Anonymous said…
Oh have fun watching the Cricket, I don't follow it but I think Australia has done pretty badly in sports the last few years!

Love these two adorable lasses!

The Joyfold is great and love the beautiful blue bow and the flowers in each corner, so pretty!

All the best to you and your daughter! Hope they can sort it out quicksmart! Take Care, Thinking of you xoxo
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.beautiful image and colours and your card shape is fabulous :D
I hope all goes well for your daughter :D

xx coops xx
Lynne in NI said…
What a lovely card for your friend, I'm sorry she's moving away, hopefully not too far!
You'll be glad to get those results for your daughter, fingers and toes crossed for you. Oh and don't start me on public transport!!
so pretty , gorgeous colours , image and fancy folds. janex
Sarn said…
Very sweet card. Joy Folds really are great.

Hope your daughter's test results are good ones.

Hugs
Sarn xxx
Mrs A. said…
Lovely papers that you have put with the pretty image. Love the design of your card the way it opens up. Do hope you get the results that you want for your daughter. Will keep her in my thoughts. Hugs Mrs A.
Bridie said…
Oh so sweet, I love the blue and brown color combo

Thanks for stopping by my blog
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Mags I really love this gorgeous card the papers, colours and card fold look ACE, the image is so beautiful, a super, super card.
hugs
lorraine x

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.