The Squirrel and the Fox DT Challenge #73 Ribbon AND Lace

Good morning, all! I hope you're having a great weekend! This is a scheduled post, as on Sunday I will be at my niece's wedding!

Our Challenge this time at The Squirrel and the Fox is to use Ribbon AND Lace not one or the other but BOTH! it's an excuse to make something girly and pretty!

Our sponsor is the wonderful Robyn's Fetish and the DT were lucky enough to be given some gorgeous digi stamps to work with!


This fabulous image is Christie Angel. I think she has a cute 'folk art' vibe so I made a 'folksy' card. I coloured her with Promarkers and then cut her out and popped her onto foam pads. The yellow mat is cut with a Spellbinders Lacey Square die, and the quilt paper is cut with a plain square die.

The bright papers are snippets from my stash, but I forgot to note where they came from. Sorry! The ribbon is from Hobbycraft and the white broderie anglaise lace is from my sewing basket!

The sentiment is embossed in blue and covered with Glossy Accents, it is by Inkadinkado from the Vintage Expressions sentiment set. The little wooden stars are from stash and have been edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Fly over to The Squirrel and the Fox and see the lovely inspiration that the DT has produced for you, and join in! But remember, the Challenge is for Ribbon AND Lace!

Thanks for looking, and enjoy your day!

love Mags B x

Comments

scrappymo! said…
This looks so adorable! You captured that folk art feel so well!

The quilt type paper isso perfect for this card and that lace is beautiful!!!
Annmaree of Oz said…
This is beautiful, I love the quilty papers with this prim doll image! Works great together!
aussie aNNie said…
Ribbon and Lace? wow that's a super challenge and your card is beautiful...love that sweet image used.xx
♥aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start
Lynsey said…
Hi Mags, what a sweet card! Love the image!
Hugs Lynsey x
Lynne in NI said…
Awww what a cutie! I gave most of my lace away as I just couldn't use it!
Hope you had a fun day at the wedding :)
mags said…
A lovely card Mags. Love all the detail. Hope you had a good time at the wedding.
Mags
x
coops said…
so gorgeous mags.fab image and i love your design and papers ;D

xx coops xx
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Mags loving this little beauty it looks like it is bringing a bit of countryside to life with the patchwork effect and that gorgeous gingham ribbon, ACE work
hugs
lorraine x
Great card hun, love the layout & the image is great!
Hugs Shell xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.