My Time to Craft! #349 Christmas in July.

Good morning, all! I hope you're looking forward to a great weekend!

Q: What did Big Ben say to the Leaning Tower of Pisa?

A: I've got the time if you've got the inclination!

(From Timekeepers by Simon Garfield.)

Our new Challenge at My Time to Craft is Christmas in July. Yes, another Christmas card - I've been making quite a few recently, and it's always satisfying to see the pile of Christmas cards growing taller!

Recently I have been going through my older stamps and came across some cuties from the much-missed Whiff of Joy.


This is one of the adorable Gnome stamps by Norma Fickel, it's Wee with Christmas Tree. I added Glossy Accents to the star and Xmas red stickles to the baubles. I cut out the image with a Spellbinders Labels Fourteen die and before removing the edges I distressed the edge with Tea Die Distress Ink. The snowflakes were cut from silver glitter card with another Spellbinders die which is positively ancient!!

The papers are from an old Papermania pack and the ribbon is from stash. The silver-embossed sentiment is from Lil' Inkers' All the Christmas You'll Ever Need stamp set.

I've had a lovely trip down memory lane while sorting through my stamps, I'm determined to use them more often! My stash diet has been going quite well, though I have recently re-stocked on card bases and envelopes. We are saving for a Special Holiday next year for our Ruby Wedding Anniversary, it's always better to have a specific purpose in mind while saving, I think!!!

Go and see my teamies' creations, and get your Christmas on! There's only 6 months to go! *ducks*

Thanks for looking!

love Mags B x

Comments

KraftyKoolKat said…
I love this adorable image and your colouring Mags. I laughed out loud at the joke but I don't think I had better tell it to my Salvation Army minister. He keeps drumming into me about sex before marriage. Lol!!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
I love my WOJ stamps, don't use them enough lol
Fabulous make hun, love the papers
Hugs Shell xx
Pat said…
Oh this is such a sweet little image Mags, great Christmas card.

Pat xx
Lynne in NI said…
Well a fancy holiday is certainly a great reason to use your oldies! Love your little gnome :)
That looks like an interesting book too

Popular posts from this blog

My Time to Craft! #390 Men Only

Bear birthday card!

Inspired by Chrissie Stokes - a CAS Christmas card.